A range of courses are available to book via the IFE South African branch. Please see details below:
Fundamentals of design and evaluation of engineered solutions
Aimed at all professionals who have the responsibility of examining and reviewing rational fire designs in accordance with the National Building Regulations.
Key course content covers the following:
- An overview of South African legislation regarding rational design submissions related to fire protection of buildings
- Responsibility and expectations relating to Local Authority Plan Examiners
- Guide to the design framework and fire safety engineering procedures
- Initiation and development of fire within the enclosure of origin
- Detection of fire and activation of fire protection systems
- Human factors: Life safety strategies – occupant evacuation, behaviour and condition
- National Building Regulations
- BS 9999 – Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
- Introduction to BS 7974
- Overview of BS 7974 published documents and other design approaches
Taking place on 13th–17th May at Protea Wanderers Hotel, Johannesburg, the cost of this five-day course is R 10 00-00 per person and carries 25.5 CPD hours from the Institution of Fire Engineers UK and 5 ECSA points. The course is open to anyone, no IFE or ECSA membership is required to attend this course.
Fire safety legislation course
Aimed at all individuals practising in the field of fire safety and risk control, this course will be of particular interest to fire safety officers. Course content includes:
- Fire safety legislation
- Business continuity
- Structural fire protection
- Means of escape
The five-day course takes place on 20th-24th May in Durban and costs R 8 500-00 per person. The course carries accreditation of 26 CPD hours from the Institution of Fire Engineers UK. This is also one of the modules that is part of the Certified Fire Safety Officer (CFSO) programme and delegates satisfying the learning requirements of this module, gain credits towards the CFSO.
Fundamentals of fire investigation course
This short course is aimed at individuals practising in the field of fire safety and risk control. Key course content includes:
- Basic fire investigation methodology
- Basic fire science
- Origin determination
- Cause determination and expert testimony
The five-day course takes place on 27th – 31st May in Cape Town and costs R12 000-00 per person. This course carries 28 CPD hours from the Institution of Fire Engineers UK and is accredited by the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) as the 40-hour component for the Fire Investigation Technician Certificate. This is also one of the modules that is part of the Certified Fire Safety Officer (CFSO) programme and delegates satisfying the learning requirements of this module, gain credits towards the CFSO.
If you require any further information about the courses please contact Jennifer Maritz at email@example.com.