This course is aimed at all professionals who have the responsibility of examining and reviewing rational fire designs in accordance with the National Building Regulations.
Key Course content covers the following:
- An overview of South African Legislation regarding Rational Design submissions related to Fire Protection of Buildings
- Responsibility and Expectations relating to Local Authority Plan Examiners
- Guide to the Design Framework and Fire Safety Engineering Procedures
- Initiation and development of fire within the enclosure of origin
- Detection of fire and activation of fire protection systems
- Human factors: Life safety strategies – Occupant evacuation, behaviour and condition
- National Building Regulations
- BS 9999 – Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
- Introduction to BS 7974
- Overview of BS 7974 published documents and other design approaches
The cost of this 5 day course is R 10 00-00 per person.
This course carries 25.5 CPD hours from the Institution of Fire Engineers UK and 5 ECSA points. The course is open to anyone, no IFE or ECSA membership is required to attend this course.